- Respect the speed limit at all times.
- When driving in winter or freezing conditions look out for patches on the road that look like glass or water as they may be ice. SLOW DOWN before you reach these patches and try not to brake or turn while over them. If you must turn or break, do it at a very slow speed.
- If you have a an unexpected surprise on the road( oil, ice or something else)which causes you to lose control, look in the direction of a clear path and attempt to divert your vehicle there.
- No matter how many times you have to correct your direction, keep at it until your safe diversion is reached.
- If you panic and focus your attention on the danger, you will not be able to driver to safety.
- Keep your eyes focused on where you want your vehicle to go, not where you do not want the vehicle to go.
- Intelligent drivers look for the best solution when faced with a dangerous solution. Bad drivers get scared and freeze up during an emergency.
- Do not listen to individuals who claim that driving is easy and that you do not have to prepare yourself for the possibilities that may arise.